Last Modified: June 16, 2015
1. How we Collect Information
Customer-provided Information. When you use the Services, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called “personally identifiable” information, or “personal information,” which is information that specifically identifies an individual. Examples of personal information include name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information. Personal information also includes other information, such as date of birth, geographic area, or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. You may provide us with personal information in various ways on the Services. For example, you may provide us with personal information when you register for an account, use the Services, or send us customer service-related requests.
Cookies Information. When you use the Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Services. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Services, you may not be able to utilize some central features of the Services.
Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Services, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This “automatically collected” information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Services, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Services, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Services. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with messages sent to you, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message.
Analytics. We may use and/or provide your information to third parties that help us better understand how you and other Customers use our Services. For example, we may use a third-party service called Google Analytics and permit Google to use technologies such as web beacons and cookies to collect certain non-personally identifiable information that helps us understand usage of our Services. We may permit Google and other third party analytics providers to combine information collected through our Services with information collected from third party services, and those analytics providers may use this information to help us better understand users of our Services, and those analytics providers may also use this information to help their other customers better understand their users.
Third Party Web Beacons and Third Party Buttons. We may also implement third-party content or advertising on the Services that may use clear gifs or other forms of web beacons, which allow the third-party content provider to read and write cookies to your browser in connection with your viewing of the third party content on the Services. Additionally, we may implement third party buttons (such as Facebook “like” or “share” buttons) that may allow third parties to collect information about you through such third parties’ browser cookies, even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, and Snapinfo does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including personal information, about our Customers or their Users from third parties and sources other than the Services, such as our partners, advertisers, and Integrated Services. For example, we may receive information collected from wireless access points, including Media Access Control (MAC) addresses, which we may use in connection with providing our Services. If we combine or associate information from other sources with personal information that we collect through the Services, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
From Users. The information we may collect from Users of our Customers’ services, applications, or other offerings varies based on the particular Services utilized by our Customers and may include:
- information that allows us to identify the particular Customer service, application, or offering used by each User;
- information about a User’s hardware device as well as the configuration of the device such as the manufacturer, model number, the operating system, carrier, the IP address, battery level, wifi connection status information, network status, language, locale, time zone, unique identifiers associated with the device such as the identifier for advertisers, identifier for vendors, unique device identifier, the Android Advertiser ID, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI), and MAC address;
- information about the location of a User’s device over time, such as the device’s latitude and longitude, as well as information regarding the User’s location over time within a building or structure;
- the content and other materials displayed to Users through the Services and other information about Users’ interactions with our Customers’ services, applications, or other offerings, including the features used over time;
- information about when and for long Users use a service, application or other offering connected with our Services; and
- other information that a User may submit in connection with their use of a Customer’s service, application, or other offering including personal and demographic information such as a User’s name, gender, age, address, city, state, zip code, and phone number.
2. How we Use Information
We use information we collect on the Services in a variety of ways in providing the Services and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect through the Services to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Services, to provide services and information that Customers request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to Customers.
- We use the information that we collect through the Services and from third parties to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of Customers and Users, to improve the Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- We may use your email address or other information we collect on the Services (a) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, to address intellectual property infringement, privacy violations or defamation issues related to your certain content posted on the Services or (b) to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. Generally, we offer the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Your Choices.”
- We may use “cookies” information and “automatically collected” information we collect on the Services to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services; (b) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Services and third-party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Services.
- Analytics Services. We may provide Customers with certain analytics information collected from Users of that Customer’s services, application, and other offerings integrated with our Services. In addition to providing that analytics information, we may also combine that information with aggregated and anonymous information collected from Users through non-affiliated services, applications, and other offerings integrated with our Services in order to provide additional analytics information and insights.
- Interest-Based Ads. We may combine and use the information collected across non-affiliated Customer services, applications, and other offerings, as well as information about Users collected from third parties, in order to enable advertisers to purchase and target ads to Users based on certain criteria or User interests. These targeted ads may be displayed within our Customers’ services, applications, or other offerings integrated with our Services, or may be displayed on third-party services, applications, websites, or other offerings. For example, we could help advertisers to make advertisements available to Users that fit into certain categories, such as Users that access particular types of content, whose devices visit particular locations, or who fall within certain demographic categories.. A User may also learn more about Interest-Based Ads by clicking here. To opt-out, terminate your account, stop using the Services and uninstall any downloads and apps.
- We may also use your information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent. We may use User information as may be described in a notice to a User at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which the User consents.
3. When we disclose information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose Customer or User information that we collect on the Services to third parties without Customer’s consent. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose Customer or User information that we collect on the Services to third parties without Customer’s consent. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- We work with third party service providers to provide website or application development, hosting, maintenance, data matching, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process Customer or User information, including personal information, as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions.
- We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (a) compliance with various reporting obligations; (b) for business or marketing purposes; or (c) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Services.
- We may disclose certain User information we collect in connection with Services to the Customer that is associated with the service, application, or other offering through which we collected that information.
- We may disclose Customer or User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose Customer or User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (a) take precautions against liability, (b) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (c) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (d) protect the security or integrity of the Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the Services available, or (e) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property or safety of others.
- Information about Customers and Users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- We also may disclose Customer or User information as may be described in a notice to a Customer or User, respectively, at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which the Customer or User consents.
4. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
Email Communications. From time to time, we may send you emails regarding updates to our website, products or services, notices about our organization, or information about products/services we offer (or promotional offers from third-parties) that we think may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period. Note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain Service-related email communications (e.g., account verification, billing confirmation, technical or legal notices).
Modifying Account Information. If you have an online account with us, you can modify your account information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days. Please note that Snapinfo does not own or control the Customer Data collected through the provision of Service to our Customers, and we cannot modify or delete Customer Data except at the request of our Customer. We will retain indefinitely the data collected from our clients for basic online behavioral advertising (OBA) purposes that leverage broad-based behavioral mappings.
Online Advertising and Controlling Cookies. We may permit third-party online advertising networks to collect information about your use of our website over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Service as well as on other websites or apps. Typically, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies. The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org). If you access our service on your mobile device, you may be able to control tracking technologies through settings.
5. Data Protection and Security
Storage and transfer: The Service are operated in the United States and intended for users located in the United States. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or anywhere else outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect, including Personal Information and Device Identifiers, will be transferred to, processed and stored in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may differ from those of the country in which you are located, and your Personal Information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in the United States according to laws of the United States. By using any of our Services or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States.
Keeping information safe: Snapinfo cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, technical and organizational measures designed to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and to notify our Customers if the security, integrity or confidentiality of personal information has been compromised, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
6. Links to Third-Party Websites and Services
7. Children’s Privacy
Snapinfo’s website and services are intended for use strictly by adults. We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that any personal information has been collected from a child under 18, we will delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have collected information from a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. Contact Us
PO Box 262
Brentwood, TN 37024